I am now a mother of two and as baby items get older, you have to replace them. In this case, my current Baby monitor seemed to be on its last leg after two years and just wasn’t giving me the picture I needed any more. I went in search of a new baby camera but when the cost of a new baby monitoring tool costs anywhere between $100-300, I was a bit upset. There had to be something out there that was reasonably priced and a great monitoring system. Enter Wyze Cam.
I was skimming through Colorado Parent last month when a tech wiz talked about how he could use it for his home and for monitoring his kids. I thought I’d give it a try and bought two immediately.
At only $20, I have a camera that can stream 1080 HD video and sound directly to my phone- day or night, alert me of any motion or sound, as well as let me know if the carbon monoxide or fire alarm was going off. If I really want to, I can even record time-lapse videos with the addition of a memory card. One of my favorite features is that it automatically records a 10-15 second alert video when it detects motion or sounds and sends the alerts directly to my phone where I can replay them and view them instantly.
- Viewable from any mobile phone with end-to-end encryption, meaning only you and whoever you share your camera code with are the only ones who can view your videos or live stream.
- 1080p Full HD with a 110º wide angle lens so one camera can capture an entire room.
- High-resolution night vision with four 850nm infrared LEDs even in complete darkness.
- Free, rolling 14-day Cloud storage, no need to pay for a membership, it’s all included. If you want to keep a video or photo, you can save it directly to your phone.
- Price: At $20, you could buy five of these cameras for the price of the cheapest baby monitor on the market. You just have to pay for the shipping and handling( ~$5 per camera).
So if you are looking for a Wi-Fi enabled inexpensive replacement for your baby monitor or simply a home security camera, check out the latest Wyze Cam v2 which is currently on pre-order. They just released their second version at the same price but additional features like motion tagging and better video cameras. This is definitely a monitoring system worth looking into.